Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Insanity

Mostly, I try to forget how crazy people are. Somehow tonight I got on the folk channel of internet radio and heard "The Great Mandella" by Peter, Paul and Mary. It's a Vietnam War protest song, that could be an any war protest song. It always makes me cry -- and sing-along. I was thinking how sad it would be if time passed and this song was forgotten. It just hasn't been that long. I know that civilizations go through historical cycles but I didn't realize how quickly people (in general -- of course I'm not talking about you) forget lessons learned. We are so crazy it's scary.

I linked to the lyrics. Find somewhere to play the music. I know I have the vinyl somewhere on a basement shelf. This bit on Amazon isn't enough but if you haven't heard it ...

No comments: